qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject MQLight alpha uses Apache Qpid Proton
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2014 16:41:20 GMT
Thought this might be of interest to folks on this list:

https://www.ibmdw.net/messaging/2014/02/14/mq-light-wire-protocol/

"In order to reach the maximum number of frameworks and deliver a first
rate messaging experience we knew that the wire format would be
important.  [...]  After much debate and prototyping we settled on using
the OASIS standardized AMQP protocol version 1.0.   The Node client that
we released today is based on the Apache Qpid Proton project."

Always nice to see new opportunities for interop emerging! (And if any
of the MQLight devs are on this list, congratulations to you on your
second alpha!)