qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Qpid 0.26 AMQP 1.0 and .net System.Transactions support
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2014 10:32:56 GMT
On 03/06/2014 10:01 AM, imran wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> I am just wondering if the latest Qpid release supports System.Transactions,
> I can see that the old WCF client did have some support for this but I think
> that was pre AMQP 1.0. I have had a go at compiling qpid for windows from
> source but I ran in to a few dependency issues so I haven't been able to
> confirm this myself.
>
> Can anyone confirm if there is distributed transaction support for windows
> clients? If not is it likely to go in to a future release or would it just
> be too hard to integrate with msdtc etc.

No, there is no support for distributed transactions over 1.0 at all at
present (the specification doesn't yet cover that, though an additional
specification on that area is I believe anticipated).

There is also no support for any transactions over AMQP 1.0 in the c++
client yet, nor those (such as Qpid.Messaging .NET API) layered over it.
That is likely to be addressed in a future release, based on expressed
demand.