qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: AMQP 1.0 <-> 0-10 reply-to conversion
Date Tue, 04 Mar 2014 11:39:49 GMT
On 03/04/2014 11:00 AM, Rob Godfrey wrote:
> The naive approach for a 1.0 address "foo" is (I guess) to look up on the
> broker side to see if the given there is an exchange named "foo" (in which
> case translate to 0-10 {exchange="foo", routing-key=""}) or a queue named
> "foo" (in which case translate to a 0-10 {exchange="",routing-key="foo").

That is what the c++ broker currently does.

> However what if there is neither an exchange nor a queue named foo...

The c++ broker currently doesn't set an 0-10 reply to in that case.

> In the opposite direction if you have an 0-10 address
> {exchange="foo",routing-key="bar"} how do we translate that into a 1-0
> address.

The c++ broker will convert that to a reply-to of 'foo/bar' on the 1.0
message.

> Does the C++ broker have an answer for this yet?
>
> My current train of thought is that I'll translate 1-0 addresses of the
> form "foo/bar" into exchange="foo", routing-key="bar" (and will also treat
> 1.0 links to destinations of that form accordingly).  Addresses which begin
> with a "/" will be treated as AMQP Global addresses (per the emerging
> specs)... for conversion to 0-10 purposes that will be the no-name exchange
> and the address will go into the routing key.

That is essentially what the c++ broker does, except that as yet it
doesn't support the same logic in resolving links (though I agree it may
make sense to do so).

> Addresses with no "/" will be treated as a queue - unless there is no queue
> in which case it will fall back to looking for an exchange

That's what the c++ broker does.

> (this is the
> Java Broker's default behaviour for any address)... Where there is no queue
> or exchange the reply-to conversion will treat it as per a global address
> {exchange="",routing-key=address}.

As above, in this case I don't set a reply-to at all.