qpid-users mailing list archives

From Andrew Stitcher <astitc...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Qpid dependency of proton versions
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2014 15:10:44 GMT
On Wed, 2014-03-26 at 10:58 -0400, Andrew Stitcher wrote:
> On Wed, 2014-03-26 at 11:39 +0000, Gordon Sim wrote:
> > Using the CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH doesn't work for me either. Pointing it at
> > the latest 0.7rc3 installation gives:
> >
> > > CMake Warning at src/amqp.cmake:22 (find_package):
> > >   Could not find a configuration file for package "Proton" that is compatible
> > >   with requested version "0.5".
> > >
> > >   The following configuration files were considered but not accepted:
> > >
> > >     /home/gordon/qpid-releases/proton/0.7rc1/installation/lib64/proton.cmake/proton-config.cmake,
version: 0.7

> This is a leftover from a pre 0.7 build and is confusing the detection.
>
> If you remove the install area completely and make install proton again
> it should work. I don't think the file proton-config.cmake made it into
> a proton release so there should only be a small number of people
> affected by this problem.
>
> Let me know if this didn't fix the problem and I will look at it some
> more.

I just realised that it is possible my changes to proton went in *after*
rc1. In which case 0.28 will not work with it, as the changes to proton
and qpid need to be in step. As Rafi didn't tag the release candidate I
can't easily tell from source control.

My changes went into proton at r1577978 which was the change after the
version number bump.

If that is correct you will need to use trunk proton until rc2.

Sorry about that.

Andrew