qpid-users mailing list archives

From Robbie Gemmell <robbie.gemm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can we set a message "durable" via JMS?
Date Mon, 10 Feb 2014 22:00:17 GMT
In JMS the concept of message durability is handled via 'DeliveryMode',
which can be either DeliveryMode.PERSISTENT or DeliveryMode.NON_PERSISTENT
(essentially 'durable' and 'not durable'). This value defaults to
PERSISTENT, and can be controlled by specifying it either on the producer
itself, or in the send call when sending each message (but *can't* be
controlled via the silly setDeliveryMode method on the Message instance,
that is only for the JMS client itself to use and an application using this
will have no effect on what a producer will do with a message when sending
it).

Robbie