qpid-users mailing list archives

From Robbie Gemmell <robbie.gemm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: A write up of some AMQP 1.0 Experiments
Date Mon, 03 Feb 2014 23:31:12 GMT
More of an observation/question for all, than reply to youFraser.... I
noted the following while I was skimming:

" These sends resulted in the following messages from drain:

1. From Proton Messenger send:
Message(properties={x-amqp-absolute-expiry-time:0, x-amqp-creation-time:0,
x-amqp-group-sequence:0, x-amqp-to:amqp://localhost/amq.fanout},
content='Hello World!')

2. From JavaScript Proton send:
Message(properties={x-amqp-absolute-expiry-time:0, x-amqp-creation-time:0,
x-amqp-group-sequence:0, x-amqp-to:amqp://localhost:5673/amq.fanout},
content='Hello World!')

3. From qpid::messaging spout:
Message(properties={spout-id:cf6c9ee4-93e8-42cf-af6b-cfff1632e5e8:0},
content='Hello World') "

This suggests that Messenger is encoding the absolute-expiry-time,
creation-time, and group-sequence fields of the Properties section with the
value 0 if they arent specified, rather than omitting them (using nulls if
necessary to allow for later fields, or omitting them entirely if they are
trailing). I'm assuming the same thing would happen to e.g ttl if a header
section was required.

Does that seem accurate, and if so is it something we should look to
prevent?

Robbie