qpid-users mailing list archives

From Rob Godfrey <rob.j.godf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: New draft of OASIS AMQP Management specification uploaded
Date Wed, 12 Feb 2014 19:21:23 GMT
Hi Fraser,

not sure what version you are looking at, but working draft 5 (
https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/52121/amqp-man-v1%200-wd05.pdf)
 already specifies that attributes on QUERY is optional, and there is a
GET-ATTRIBUTES operation as well.

The create thing is a bit odd, I grant you... the subject of the create
command does not yet exist, whereas for read, update and delete clearly the
subject does already exist and the name (or identity) in the headers is
pointing to it.

After having implemented on my branch for the Java broker (and in fact
landed on trunk now) personally I'd probably prefer dropping "name" from
the headers and instead using ID as the only way to direct operations to
objects (the name would still be a mandatory attribute).  For create the
IDENTITY header must not be supplied (the name will be in the map of the
attribute values).

Hope this helps,
Rob