qpid-users mailing list archives

From Bill Freeman <ke1g...@gmail.com>
Subject Can we set a message "durable" via JMS?
Date Mon, 10 Feb 2014 21:37:48 GMT
One part of our world uses JMS 1.1 to interact with C brokers (0.14, I
think).  We would like all messages sent this way to be durable.  I can do
this fine in the python API, but the JMS folks here tell me that JMS has no
support for such a thing.  They have tried specifying "Durable" and
"durable" header values, but these just become message properties (from the
Messaging API point of view), and the durrable message attribute remains
unset or false.

Is there a way to mark the message durable using JMS?

Failing that, can we configure the broker so that all messages arriving via
the JMS path are marked durable?

Thanks, Bill