qpid-users mailing list archives

From Pavel Moravec <pmora...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Questions of qpid-route usage
Date Mon, 24 Feb 2014 08:56:42 GMT
Hi Kyrie,
not sure if I understand your thoughts properly, but in normal A-->B federation (without
-s option), B broker behaves as a fake client and subscribes to A. When -s is used, A initiates
the connection to B and requests it to connect to itself. The main reason for this push-like
option is to bypass potential firewall blocking B->A connection establishment.

About federation link reconnection (assuming A-->B pull route where B connects to A): if
A is down, B periodically retries to connect to A, usually according to TCP retry scheme with
doubled delays between two subsequent retries. These are managed by operating system. Once
OS gives up, I *suppose* qpid broker invokes another request to the OS (so another full TCP
retry scheme is followed), and the broker does so forever.

Hope that helps.

Kind regards,
Pavel Moravec