qpid-users mailing list archives

From Fraser Adams <fraser.ad...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: Qpid trunk r1568639 cpp build fails on ha_test_max_queues.cpp
Date Tue, 18 Feb 2014 20:28:02 GMT
On 18/02/14 20:04, Andrew Stitcher wrote:
> On Tue, 2014-02-18 at 19:47 +0000, Fraser Adams wrote:
>> Hi Andrew.
>> I actually completely removed the bld directory before I tried this
>> again after Alan fixed the ha_test_max_queues.cpp stuff (and I did a
>> make uninstall before I did any of it) so I'm fairly sure both stores
>> are still being installed.
> Ah, in which case you can turn one of the stores off (until we properly
> fix it) in ccmake - the options are BUILD_LINEARSTORE and
> BUILD_LEGACYSTORE
>
> or when intially running
> 	cmake -DBUILD_LINEARSTORE=no ...
> or
> 	cmake -DBUILD_LEGACYSTORE=no ...

Thanks Andrew that's neater, though I definitely think it needs to have
a "work by default" mode for the 0.28 release. If things don't "just
work" there's a danger of putting people off.

Incidentally I also raised a Jira 5493 a bit back relating to the
general lack of documentation around persistence. TBH it looks  like
there has been a huge amount of work put into qpidd persistence of late
and it seems a real shame that there's nothing obvious on how to
actually use it. I wouldn't even know where to start - even when I
delete legacystore.so I'm greeted with

2014-02-18 19:21:51 [Store] notice Linear Store: Store module
initialized; store-dir=/home/fadams/.qpidd
2014-02-18 19:21:51 [Store] warning Message store plugin: No storage
providers available.

So something is clearly working, but something clearly not.

Even a quick README would be a start (have I simply missed it?). It's
not a real show stopper for me personally as I don't tend to need
persistence for most of my stuff, but as I say it seems something of a
shame given the obvious work that has gone on to put the code together.

Cheers,
Frase