qpid-users mailing list archives

From Fraser Adams <fraser.ad...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: Message API - Real world usage issue
Date Tue, 11 Feb 2014 19:35:34 GMT
Clive,
In your second scenario I don't see why you'd expect the message to get
delivered to Rxer 3.

What you've done is deliberately create three bindings to the same
queue, so you'd have a match bill OR ben OR tim. If you sent a message
with a subject of tim it would simply get added do the queue (that all
receivers are consuming from) so it would simply arrive at the next
available receiver.

Basically the three receivers have just been configured to receive
exactly the same thing. If you do qpid-config -r queues you'll see
queue1 with three bindings.

I think that you are confusing yourself because it might look like the
x-bindings relate to the receiver given how the Address string looks,
but as I say you're establishing bindings between amq.topic and queue1
and doing what you've done creates three ORed bindings.

I'm still struggling to see why you want to use a single queue, when it
seems like you actually want to demultiplex.

Can you explain a bit more about what you are actually trying to achieve?

Frase