qpid-users mailing list archives

From Fraser Adams <fraser.ad...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: A write up of some AMQP 1.0 Experiments
Date Sat, 08 Feb 2014 17:15:56 GMT
On 06/02/14 19:59, Rafael Schloming wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 4, 2014 at 3:35 PM, Fraser Adams
> <fraser.adams@blueyonder.co.uk>wrote:
>
>> It's probably worth aiming for consistency, but TBH I'm an awful lot more
>> concerned that Proton Messenger doesn't seem to have a mechanism for
>> setting link configuration and thus I couldn't use it for most of my more
>> interesting examples, which was a shame.
> I can confirm your observations are correct. As for intentions, I would
> certainly like to support link configuration, the only reason it hasn't
> happened yet is due to me being pulled in too many directions at once.
>
> --Rafael

Thanks Rafael, I can certainly sympathise with your position.

Out of curiosity what sort of API did you have in mind for this? I guess
something akin to the node/link JSON style config that is present in
qpid::messaging style Address strings would seem most natural (and would
give consistency with messaging and JMS) I guess too that would be
fairly straightforward to pass through from pn_messenger_subscribe
through pn_messenger_source to pn_messenger_link where I guess the real
work would be done.

I guess that you might have other ideas?

Thanks again for your reply,
Frase