qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Documentation of C++ Messaging connection URL?
Date Fri, 07 Feb 2014 16:00:15 GMT
On 02/07/2014 03:43 PM, Fraser Adams wrote:
> I do rather wonder that for AMQP 1.0 if the URL could be improved to
> accept something like:

I think for consistency it would be better to drop the <proto> part and
use amqp/amqps as the scheme there.

> Which would make it look more like the first part of the Proton
> Messenger style Address and because the amqp:// would distinguish it
> from the AMQP 0.10 style URL you could use it instead of the
> protocol/user/password connection options to signify AMQP 1.0.

I don't object to accepting urls of the form above, but I don't like the
idea of using them to imply protocol version. The same scheme is used by
many things (including the qpid.messaging python client) for earlier
versions.