qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Documentation of C++ Messaging connection URL?
Date Fri, 07 Feb 2014 15:31:57 GMT
On 02/07/2014 03:00 PM, Chuck Rolke wrote:
> I'm writing a how-to document for the Apache.NMS.AMQP Provider (a .NET subsystem to provide
AMQP support to http://activemq.apache.org/nms/). I'm looking for a pointer to a description
of the C++ Messaging API connection URL.

> The C++ connection options are easy enough to find:
> http://qpid.apache.org/releases/qpid-0.24/programming/book/connection-options.html
>
> The JMS Connection URL is declared at:
> http://qpid.apache.org/releases/qpid-0.24/programming/book/QpidJNDI.html#section-jms-connection-url
>
> I suspect that the C++ connection URL is similar if not identical to the JMS connection
URL.

No, its not. The c++ messaging API accepts two types of 'url', the first
is as described in the 0-10 specification. The second is a simple
host:port form for convenience. Also the parser is more lenient that the
formal 0-10 grammar iirc, and some thinks are considered optional in
practice (again for convenience).

> However, if one or more fields are different or absent then this assumption is no good.
Can anyone confirm this for me or point me to a description?

> The C++ Messaging API needs a section as clear and direct as the JMS connection URL page.
I'll be happy to add that going forward.