qpid-users mailing list archives

From CLIVE <cl...@ckjltd.co.uk>
Subject Message API - Real world usage issue
Date Thu, 06 Feb 2014 19:07:24 GMT
Hi,

I have been using qpid as an AMQP messaging solution for several
customers over the years and there are two (related) use cases that have
always caused me a problem. This is because they have required me to cut
and paste chunks of code from the broker in to a series of utility
classes, far from ideal. It strikes me that if I am seeing these use
cases then others must be as well.

The first use case requires the dynamic creation of Receivers, but
before creating a new receiver, I would like to know if I already have a
receiver that would match the required binding. This is not possible at
the moment because the binding matching algorithms are hidden from
public view; they are buried deep inside the Brokers Exchange
Implementation code.

The second use case in question requires a client application to
dynamically create multiple receivers for the same queue, but with
slightly different binding keys bound to an exchange. When a message
from an exchange gets put in the queue and delivered to the client (via
a receiver) I need to route the message to the correct application level
destination(s). To do this I need to undertake a matching operation
between the routing key of the message and the binding key(s) of the
created receivers; qpid does not deliver the message to the receiver
with the most exact binding key match.  So basically the receivers, and
their bindings, enable the required messages to get delivered to the
required client, but I then need to undertake application level routing
to route the message to one or more application level classes, based on
message routing key/ receiver binding key matches.

Unfortunately in both cases the messaging API does not provide
visibility of the bind matching algorithms and so I have to create
several utility classes to support this functionality.

Would it be possible to create a Binding.h class in the messaging API to
support matching of bindings from all the supported exchange types?

Clive