qpid-users mailing list archives

From Fraser Adams <fraser.ad...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: A write up of some AMQP 1.0 Experiments
Date Thu, 06 Feb 2014 17:38:43 GMT
On 06/02/14 17:14, Andrew Stitcher wrote:
> On Thu, 2014-02-06 at 12:57 +0000, Gordon Sim wrote:
>> On 02/06/2014 12:49 PM, Rob Godfrey wrote:
>>> SQL would use double quotes around identifiers that would otherwise
>>> conflict with keywords, etc... (As an added benefit the Java Broker already
>>> copes with this syntax :-) )...
>> That would get my vote!
> In that case it would get mine too. I must have missed this bit of
> syntax when I copied the java grammar (missed in the sense of not
> noticed).
>
> Andrew

Thanks so much guys, TBH I'm fairly easy on the exact syntax, it's more
the capability that excites me.

The quotes thing was my initial "yeah that'll be it" though if I'm
honest when I saw Andrew's [] suggestion I rather found myself warming
to it, it felt kind of natural in an "associative array" kind of way and
I guess that the down side of quotes is that they'll likely need some
level of escaping or other whereas I don't think [] would. But OTOH if
the Java Broker already copes ....

I'd be more than happy to go with the consensus - and thanks again all!!
Cheers,
Frase