qpid-users mailing list archives

From Fraser Adams <fraser.ad...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject A write up of some AMQP 1.0 Experiments
Date Sun, 02 Feb 2014 21:24:56 GMT
Hello all,
Over the last couple of weekends I decided to make a concerted effort to
try and get my head around the Qpid AMQP 1.0 support and to see if I can
replicate a whole bunch of use cases that I was able to support in AMQP
0.10.

I've attached a write up of my experiments along with some observations
that I made along the way. Be warned the attachment is *very long*.

Hopefully this will be useful to others who want to dip their toes in
the AMQP 1.0 waters. One of the issues that I was faced with was the
lack of solid and cohesive documentation for any of the AMQP 1.0
Address/Subscription information, hopefully the examples that I've
included in the write up can serve as a starting point.

I'd be really grateful if those who know this stuff better than me can
read through this and check if my observations are accurate, I think
that I might have discovered some quirks/defects/inconsistencies along
the way though I might just be misinterpreting things. It's probably
best to fight your way all the way through as it gets increasingly
adventurous.

Enjoy :-)

Best regards,
Frase