qpid-users mailing list archives

From "Shearer, Davin" <dshea...@novetta.com>
Subject Re: How to build qpid with proton v0.5, boost v1.55.0 statically on fedora19
Date Wed, 15 Jan 2014 21:21:12 GMT
OK, got it built and I'm pleased that ldd on the executables and modules
reports nothing about qpid, proton and boost and I have a nice set of
libqpid*.a files available for static linking.  What I had to do was expand
all the -lqpid-proton to /path/to/lib/libqpid-proton.a in all the link.txt

So after running cmake and before running make, I run:

PROTON_LIB=$(pkg-config --libs-only-L libqpid-proton | sed -e 's|^-L||' -e
find -type f -name link.txt | xargs perl -pi -e

All those times the build would have used -lqpid-python it now just has the
path directly to the .a file.  I wish I knew more about the build process
to (suggest how) fix this properly.