qpid-users mailing list archives

From "Shearer, Davin" <dshea...@novetta.com>
Subject Re: My experience building proton v0.6 statically
Date Tue, 21 Jan 2014 18:29:11 GMT
Believe me, I tried several different ways of adding the flags without
resorting to the "nuclear" option of patching the build.

IMHO, the most kosher way would be to support something like
-DCMAKE_C_FLAGS:STRING="-fPIC -DPIC".  I didn't try defining CC with the
flag there.  That seems a little gross, but it's less invasive than
patching it in the way I did.

In my build script for qpid, I use:

cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release \
            -DBoost_LIBRARY_DIR:PATH="$BOOST_ROOT/lib" \
            -DBoost_INCLUDE_DIR:PATH="$BOOST_ROOT/include" \
            -DCMAKE_CXX_FLAGS:STRING="-Wno-unused-local-typedefs
-Wno-ignored-qualifiers -fPIC -DPIC -DQMF_USE_DEPRECATED_API" \
            -DBUILD_AMQP:BOOL="1" ../build/cpp

‚ÄčNote the CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS definition.  Why not support the same for the C
flags in proton?

Meanwhile, I'll add CC="$CC -fPIC" to the build script and remove it from
the patch.

Yes, the patches to the ARCHIVE DESTINATION are repairs as is the patch to
the pkg-config template (proton requires libuuid and ssl).