qpid-users mailing list archives

From "Shearer, Davin" <dshea...@novetta.com>
Subject Re: No transports are listening for incoming connections
Date Thu, 23 Jan 2014 22:18:30 GMT
I think I'll stick with moving the compiled executables to
libexec/{bin,sbin} and putting a little shell script executer in bin or
sbin with the same name.  The java tools follow this same strategy for
their CLASSPATH management.  Patching up .so files as a post install hook
seems gross to me.

BTW Fedora packaging guidelines warn against using rpath (ref
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Guidelines#Beware_of_Rpath).

I need relocatable RPMs because some of my customers prefer to install
packages into a prefix of their choice.  Furthermore, sometimes my
customers don't have/want root/sudo and want to install things from the RPM
into, for instance, their home directories.  Relocatable RPMs can
facilitate these kinds of requirements.  Of course it would be a luxury if
all customers would just be happy with installing as root from a yum
repository, but requirements are requirements.  I am trying to guide them
there, but these things take time. :-/