qpid-users mailing list archives

From Rob Godfrey <rob.j.godf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Serious Bug in AMQP 1.0 JMS Client with persistent messages
Date Wed, 08 Jan 2014 19:41:29 GMT
Hi Uli,

On 8 Jan 2014 20:29, "uromahn" <ulrich@ulrichromahn.net> wrote:

> I changed my test to use 'sync-publish=true' in my connection URL as
> suggested.
> However, now I am facing another issue:
> Publishing to my qpid-cpp broker becomes extremely slow: less than 1
msg/sec
> compared to 1000+ msgs/sec with async publish!
> Publishing to an ActiveMQ 5.9.0 broker seems to hang in the
> producer.send(msg) method. I see one message being enqueued in the broker
> and then nothing else happens and the client just hangs there. I suspect
> that the client is waiting for some acknowledgement which the AMQP
Connector
> in ActiveMQ never sends.
>
> So, it appears that the sync-publish mode is simply unusable.

So, IIRC, the client is simply using the standard AMQP mechanism to
establish a synchronous acknowledgement.  I haven't tested in a while, but
I would certainly expect to get > 1msg/s.

I'll try it out later tonight against the Java Broker, with a sample size
of 2 where 1 doesn't work it's a bit difficult to determine if it's a
client or broker issue with performance

I'll also look at making the use of sync more intelligent in the client
(i.e. it's required on non transactional persistent messages, but not
otherwise).  I think it's only the way it is currently as historically
that's how the older Qpid JMS clients have "worked".

-- Rob