qpid-users mailing list archives

From Rob Godfrey <rob.j.godf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: INQUIRY: Status of qpid-java-amqp-1-0-client-jms library
Date Wed, 01 Jan 2014 19:09:50 GMT
On 21 December 2013 09:37, Ulrich Romahn <ulrich@ulrichromahn.net> wrote:

[.. snip..]

> One example that I noticed is that the client library does not seem to
> honor the JMSDeliveryMode (either persistent or non-persistent).
> Regardless of how I set the delivery mode, the broker always seem to
> create persistent messages (as reported by qpid-tool on the C++ broker,
> or within ActiveMQ, or even in the console of the Qpid Java broker).
> I've noticed something else, but forgot now exactly what it was since it
> seemed only very minor.

That seems surprising... how are you testing this?  I wrote a quick
program[1] to test and the behaviour was as I expected, if you set the
producer to send NON_PERSISTENT messages then it sends non-durable, and if
you set the producer to send PERSISTENT then it sends durable.  Obviously
if you are only setting the DeliveryMode on the Message (rather than the
MessageProducer) via Message.setJMSDeliveryMode(), this will have no
effect... but that is per the JMS specification (that method is for the use
of the JMS Provider, not the application programmer - which is terrible API
design IMHO).

[1] My code:

        Connection conn = new
        Session session = conn.createSession(false,
        Queue queue = session.createQueue("queue");
        MessageProducer prod = session.createProducer(queue);
        TextMessage persistentMsg = session.createTextMessage("Test
        TextMessage nonPersistentMsg = session.createTextMessage("Test