qpid-users mailing list archives

From Rob Godfrey <rob.j.godf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: # node name and other addressing stuff - was Re: How to use lifetime policies
Date Fri, 10 Jan 2014 14:55:01 GMT
On 10 January 2014 15:45, Fraser Adams <fraser.adams@blueyonder.co.uk>wrote:

> On 10/01/14 10:24, Gordon Sim wrote:
>

>> You can create a temporary queue when using the qpid::messaging client by
>> simply specifying '#' as the node name in the address when creating the
>> receiver or sender. You can get the peer-assigned address (for use in
>> reply-to) via the getAddress() method on the Sender or Receiver instance
>> that is returned.
>>

> Out of curiosity........
> where is the "specifying '#' as the node name" stuff specified?

This is not AMQP 1.0, but something that is supported by the
qpid::messaging API

> I've also noticed the use of $ in the AMQP 1.0 Management spec,

Mainly this was just to give us a fair shot at not clashing with anyone's
existing node names... I think it is likely that any node names defined in
the AMQP specs will start "amqp$", but that isn't "standardized".

> and there's the use of "~" in messenger e.g. "~amqp://0.0.0.0" to specify
> a listen connection.

This is Messenger specific and not part of the AMQP standards.

> I've grepped around the AMQP 1.0 spec and the draft Address spec and
> couldn't find these - well to be fair there were a lot of "#" in the AMQP
> 1.0 spec, but that was in the ASCII art diagrams :->
>
> Much of this stuff remains a bit of a black art to me I'm afraid :-(

So, definitely seems like we (Qpid) could use some more documentation then
:-)

-- Rob