qpid-users mailing list archives

From Davin Shearer <dshea...@novetta.com>
Subject Re: How to use lifetime policies
Date Sat, 11 Jan 2014 02:03:06 GMT
Wow, I didn't know about this but I'll definitely try it out.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jan 10, 2014, at 15:46, Fraser Adams <fraser.adams@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> On 10/01/14 18:34, Shearer, Davin wrote:
>> I actually _prefer_ the C++ broker.  I was using the java one for the web
>> management.
> Hi Davin, have you taken a look at the stuff in qpid/tools/src/java? There's a QMF based
Web UI for the C++ broker (it'll work with the Java Broker too if you build with "ant all"
which creates the QMF plugin - it's not quite as comprehensive as the "native" UI for the
Java Broker but provides consistency between the C++ and Java Brokers).

> The backend is a QMF based REST API, you fire it up going to the bin directory and doing
> ./QpidRestAPI
>
> Point a browser at it (default uname/pword is the traditional admin/admin - change it
in qpid/tools/src/java/bin/qpid-web/authentication/account.properties)

> You can actually navigate to different broker instances through the UI by specifying
different connections. It should run on everything from IE6 to an iPhone.

> If you want web management for the C++ broker you might find it useful. Caveat - it's
currently limited to basic authentication as I've not had the time/energy/motivation to do
anything fancier.