qpid-users mailing list archives

From Fraser Adams <fraser.ad...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: How to use lifetime policies
Date Fri, 17 Jan 2014 07:27:10 GMT
Hi Davin,
I'm afraid that you've got me stumped now :-( as I say all I've ever
needed was to have qpid-all.jar on my classpath, so basically the
environment variables I mentioned yesterday, building the java client
library stuff then "ant all".

You *did* set up everything that I mentioned yesterday didn't you?

<qpid root>/qpid/tools/src/java/build.xml makes use of the QPID_HOME
environment variable.

     <!--
=================================================================== -->
     <!-- Note that this requires the QPID_HOME environment
variable          -->
     <!-- to be set and it installs the plugin to
$QPID_HOME/lib/plugins      -->
     <!--
=================================================================== -->

     <property environment="env"/>
     <property name="qpid.home" location="${env.QPID_HOME}"/>

This is kind of a hangover from before this work got committed to the
core qpid code base and could probably use relative paths now, but ISTR
a few core Java thing things need (or at least used to need) QPID_HOME
so it seemed a useful path.

My current best guess is that you've just set CLASSPATH but haven't set
QPID_HOME?

If it's not that then I'm really scratching my head, if you've been able
to get any JMS clients running then it should work - ultimately it's
just a JMS Client.

Frase