qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: [Client] warning Session was not closed cleanly
Date Thu, 16 Jan 2014 14:58:38 GMT
On 01/16/2014 02:07 PM, Xiong Zou wrote:
> Hi Gordon,
>
> Appreciate your help a lot!
>
> To use the new qpid:messaging APIs, I can just replace qpid::client to
> qpid:messaging in my source codes? I cannot find any pub-sub sample code for
> new qpid:messaging APIs.

No, your code will require changes I'm afraid. The APIs are different.
However the good news is that I believe you will find the
qpid::messaging API much simpler.

For pub-sub in particular, there is little special code required. You
can even use the drain and spout examples. See for example the section
on 'Topics' in
http://qpid.apache.org/releases/qpid-0.24/programming/book/section-addresses.html

> As for the existing qpid::client APIs, I will test your suggestions and
> update the result.
>
> And I found some difficulty if I use m_subscriptions.run(). In this case I
> will call m_subscriptions.cancel(m_vecQueueUIDs[i]); from a different
> thread,

You are doing that anyway, since all start() does is tart a thread that
calls run().

> are these APIs of m_subscriptions thread safe? They seems not when I
> check their source codes.

Yes, they should be threadsafe.