qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: How to build qpid with proton v0.5, boost v1.55.0 statically on fedora19
Date Wed, 15 Jan 2014 09:47:55 GMT
On 01/14/2014 09:48 PM, Shearer, Davin wrote:
> Thanks for the quick response (I love the responsiveness of this group).
> AFAIK, proton is good to go.  This appears to be a problem with the qpid
> build scripts not using pkg-config correctly (or my insufficient
> cmake-fu?!).  It looks to me like it's using pkg-config --libs-only-l,
> which does indeed emit:
>
> $ pkg-config --libs-only-l libqpid-proton
> -lqpid-proton -lssl -lcrypto -luuid
>
> Which is what we see in the linker invocation, when it should be using:
>
> $ pkg-config --libs libqpid-proton
> -L/home/davin/external/proton-5.0/lib64 -lqpid-proton -lssl -lcrypto -luuid

My first question was why ha.so needed to link to proton at all... that
appears to be a result of changing the 1.0 support in the client from a
plugin to compiled in (the ha module links against the client).

What seems to be missing in your case is the effect of the
link_directories(${PROTON_LIBRARY_DIRS}) in amqp.cmake. That sets the
path for the library where $PROTON_LIBRARIES is only the library itself.

I always build against a non-standard location of proton, and it works
for me as checked in on fedora 17. Does a build without your
modifications for static libraries work?

One thought is whether moving the include (amqp.cmake) in line 652 up
above the ha section would help (line 579 or earlier) would help?