qpid-users mailing list archives

From Tor Rune Skoglund <...@swi.no>
Subject Getting started with Qpid
Date Fri, 10 Jan 2014 18:07:38 GMT
Hi!

So what do I need to get started? Proton only, or Proton + a broker like
the C++ one? Or just Proton? Is the Dispatch Router optional? It is
"built on Proton" ? Does it "include" Proton then? Is there any point in
having the router and a broker? Whatwhatwhat? :)

My point is, it would help if there were some kind of "Dummies guide" or
"Getting Started" link on the web page. For those of us that have not
done much practical work with of "queues", "brokers", "routers",
"whatevers", the terminology makes little sense and getting along with
the first steps are a little bit frustrating.

Basically, I want to deliver messages with some kind payload, from A to
B, or B to A - or even from A to all Bs - reliably, quickly, and some
kind of automagic resume in case there is a network outage during the
delivery, and a yummy API for my application (in C++ or PHP).

Where to go next?

- Tor Rune Skoglund, trs@swi.no