qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: How to use lifetime policies
Date Fri, 10 Jan 2014 15:08:29 GMT
On 01/10/2014 02:26 PM, Shearer, Davin wrote:
> A couple of things...  being able to configure lifetime policies on the
> broker based on the name of the node is a wonderful idea and I look forward
> to that in qpid 0.26.  Problem is that I need to have the solution work on
> RHEL6 (which ships with qpid 0.14) if possible.

One thing to point out is that that version of qpidd doesn't support
AMQP 1.0 at all.

[...]

> If only there is a way to set the dynamic flag on the terminus for the link
> at the Messenger level as I think that would add the auto-del attribute to
> the queue.  I think this is possible if I were using the proton Engine
> rather than the Messenger

Correct, though unless there are specific reasons not to, I would
suggest using qpid::messaging rather than building your own solution on
top of the engine API.

>   and I tried to piece together what I need to do from studying the code
> found in proton.c, but the send loop in that code gave me a headache.  I
> think we just allow Messenger to set that dynamic flag when a subscription
> is requested, I could use Messenger and be golden, so if I have a feature
> request, that would be what I want.

A similar issue was closed with wont-fix:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PROTON-426. The problem is I think
that with the dynamic flag the name is actually created by the remote
peer, so its not immediately obvious how this would be passed back in
the messenger API.