qpid-users mailing list archives

From Fraser Adams <fraser.ad...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject # node name and other addressing stuff - was Re: How to use lifetime policies
Date Fri, 10 Jan 2014 14:45:56 GMT
On 10/01/14 10:24, Gordon Sim wrote:

> You can create a temporary queue when using the qpid::messaging client
> by simply specifying '#' as the node name in the address when creating
> the receiver or sender. You can get the peer-assigned address (for use
> in reply-to) via the getAddress() method on the Sender or Receiver
> instance that is returned.

Out of curiosity........
where is the "specifying '#' as the node name" stuff specified?

I've also noticed the use of $ in the AMQP 1.0 Management spec, and
there's the use of "~" in messenger e.g. "~amqp://0.0.0.0" to specify a
listen connection.

I've grepped around the AMQP 1.0 spec and the draft Address spec and
couldn't find these - well to be fair there were a lot of "#" in the
AMQP 1.0 spec, but that was in the ASCII art diagrams :->

Much of this stuff remains a bit of a black art to me I'm afraid :-(

Cheers,
Frase