qpid-users mailing list archives

From Ted Ross <tr...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Qpid Dispatch building dependencies
Date Tue, 07 Jan 2014 16:02:44 GMT
Sascha,

The Python bindings for Proton are only needed for running the tests and
for running the qdstat utility.  Since qdstat uses AMQP, it can be
installed on a separate system and used to manage/monitor dispatch over
the network.  So the Python Proton bindings are not needed to run Dispatch.

However, Dispatch does need the python interpreter to be installed to
run since it uses embedded Python code to manage  the configuration and
to do route computation.  The fast path is pure C but the control plane
(route computation) is embedded Python.

-Ted