qpid-users mailing list archives

From Ted Ross <tr...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Dispatch Router message routing
Date Fri, 03 Jan 2014 14:39:12 GMT
On 01/03/2014 06:28 AM, Sascha Kattelmann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm currently working on gathering logs from devices in a network via
> AMQP. The dispatch router seems to be a good choice for this. I tried
> the examples provided with
>
> svn.apache.org/repos/asf/qpid/dispatch/trunk/doc/book/release-0.1.md
>
> and everything works fine (I'm using the rc3 of Proton 0.6). Then I
> tried using two routers (on different machines) in a network to test
> routing a message but from the provided documentation I'm not able to
> figure out how to get this running. Are there examples of message
> routing available? I'm especially interested in the use of the
> 'to'-field of an AMQP message.
>
> -Sascha

Sascha,

I'll add this to the documentation...

A starting point for you can be found in the tests/config-2 folder which
has two configuration files.  Please note that this configuration is for
two routers on the same host (for testing). I'll give an example here
for how to do two routers on separate hosts.

First, make sure both routers are configured in "interior" mode.  This
will enable the inter-router protocol:

router {
     mode: interior
     router-id: QDR.A
}

Also ensure that each router has a different router-id (e.g. "QDR.A" and
"QDR.B").

I assume you will want each router to be available on the standard
port.  To do this, each configuration should contain a standard listener:

listener {
     addr: 0.0.0.0
     port: amqp
     sasl-mechanisms: ANONYMOUS
}

You then need to establish an inter-router connection.  Pick a port (say
20000) and create a listener on one router and a connector on the other.

Listener (on one router):

listener {
     role: inter-router
     addr: 0.0.0.0
     port: 20000
     sasl-mechanisms: ANONYMOUS
}

Connector (on the other router):

connector {
     role: inter-router
     addr: <ip/host of the other router>
     port: 20000
     sasl-mechanisms: ANONYMOUS
}

Once you have this running, the same examples should work regardless of
which router each endpoint is connected to.  You can also use the
"qdstat" utility to probe the routing tables and known addresses.
"qdstat -c" will show connections, including the inter-router connections.

If you have any further questions or comments, please post them here.

-Ted