qpid-users mailing list archives

From Jeremy Smith <jeremyasm...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Windows and Linux Perl Client
Date Mon, 13 Jan 2014 19:34:45 GMT
Hi, started to try to build them today, but have been distracted by another non related issue.

I am using Windows 7 64, but am trying to build 32 bit as we have a number of xp clients that
need the Perl modules.

Experiences so far:

I had hoped to use VS express 2010, seems like that is not recommended, I have issues with
some of the 2010 redist dll's which cant be found even though I have installed them, have
not investigated yet.

But very happy if you (or anyone else) wants to help/advise me.

Will join irc tomorrow

Thanks
Jeremy

On Monday, 13 January 2014, 15:58, Darryl L. Pierce <dpierce@redhat.com> wrote:

On Sun, Jan 12, 2014 at 08:53:09AM -0800, jeremyasmith wrote:

> I need some advice, we are currently upgrading our broker from 0.12 to 0.22
> or later.
>
> We are heavy Perl users both in Linux and Windows, for 0.12 we developed our
> own client using the c libraries, this has worked fine but has proved
> difficult to maintain and the maintainer who was much smarter than me has
> moved on :-)
>
> So for the new broker we would like to use the Perl bindings from the Qpid
> installation, I have managed to build them on Linux and would next want to
> build them on Windows, but I suspect this may not be easy due to the need
> for Perl development libraries??? I may be incorrect but if anyone has
> experience of building the Perl client on Windows I would be very grateful.

Hi, Jeremy! I haven't to date, but would be happy to work with you to
get the Perl bindings building on Windows. Do you use the IRC channel,
by any chance? If so, you can ping me (my nick is mcpierce) on Freenode
in the #qpid channel.

Have you done anything yet to try to build the bindings on Windows?

Delivering value year after year.
http://www.redhat.com/promo/vendor/