qpid-users mailing list archives

From uromahn <ulr...@ulrichromahn.net>
Subject Re: Serious Bug in AMQP 1.0 JMS Client with persistent messages
Date Wed, 08 Jan 2014 20:15:14 GMT
Rob,

I just completed another round of testing and here is a consolidated status:

Client (latest version build from trunk) using anyc-publish=true:
*Qpid Java Broker 0.24:* enqueued and dequeued 1000 messages. Writes about
8.5 msgs/sec and reads about 60 msgs/sec.
*Qpid CPP Broker (latest source build from trunk):* enueued and dequeued 100
messages (1000 would take too long). Writes about 1 msg/sec and reads about
700 msgs/sec.
*ActiveMQ 5.9.0 Broker (with AMQP 1.0 Connector):* tried to enqueue and
dequeue 1000 messages. Publisher.send(msg) was "stuck" at the first message.
Broker reported one enqueue message but client never returned from the first
send() call.
*Apache Apollo 1.6 Broker:* enqueued and dequeued 1000 messages. Writes
about 33 msgs/sec and reads about 890 msgs/sec.

So, I see two issues here:
1. performance against a qpid-cpp broker is unacceptably slow - looks like
some protocol issue on the CPP broker to me
2. hangs publishing to an ActiveMQ broker - looks like some protocol issue
on the AMQP connector in ActiveMQ to me,

Not sure how to proceed from here. Do you want me to create JIRAs for the
cpp-broker and ActiveMQ or would you rather do that?