qpid-users mailing list archives

From uromahn <ulr...@ulrichromahn.net>
Subject Re: AMQP 1.0 JMS Client hangs on connection.close
Date Thu, 02 Jan 2014 23:36:49 GMT
I re-ran my tests with the patched amqp 1.0 jms client and it appears that
this fixed the issue.
1. the client doesn't "hang" on the connection.close() anymore, and
2. the connection gets reported as "destroyed" in the qpid-cpp broker (using
qpid-tool)

I think there still may be some bug since the connection still stays open
(although the client doesn't hang) when connecting to an ActiveMQ 5.9 broker
using AMQP 1-0 (which is using the proton-j 0.5 library for its AMQP
support).

So, while I can now use the amqp jms client against qpidd (cpp) and
qpid-java without causing resource leaks, connecting to an ActiveMQ 5.9
broker with AMQP causes a leak in connections staying open.

Thanks again for taking care of this so quickly!
-Uli