qpid-users mailing list archives

From Andrew Stitcher <astitc...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: [Client] error Tried to register protocol: tcp more than once?
Date Wed, 04 Dec 2013 21:22:40 GMT
On Wed, 2013-12-04 at 20:11 +0000, Fraser Adams wrote:
> Hi all,
> a colleague of mine is seeing this message caused by some of his code:
>
> "[Client] error Tried to register protocol: tcp more than once?"
>
> TBH I've never seen that one before myself so I'm a bit stumped. I had a
> quick Google and came across
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/qpid-commits/200809.mbox/%3C20080911044528.83D51238896C@eris.apache.org%3E
>
> So it looks like the message originates from some code that Andrew
> implemented a while back

As Ted said, your colleague has managed to get the static initialiser
for the TCP protocol registration to run more than once (or
alternatively has managed to get its code linked more than once - which
is much the same thing).

I'd guess there is an error in the libraries being linked. Perhaps he
has got both debug and release versions linked in somehow (If on
windows) or both static and dynamic versions.

Andrew