qpid-users mailing list archives

From Toralf Lund <toralf.l...@pgs.com>
Subject Reusing messaging::Sender vs creating every time
Date Fri, 29 Nov 2013 09:08:24 GMT
Hi,

Just wondering, what gain is there in reusing Sender objects for the C++
Messaging API? I mean, over doing something like

qpid::messaging::Sender sender=session.createSender(address);

sender.send(message);
sender.close();

every time?

I'm thinking about this in conjunction with a request-response type
setup where the reply address is specified via message::getReplyTo(), so
it's not entirely obvious how long the senders should be kept, if at
all, but I do know that the same "reply-to" will generally be used
several times.

Any thoughts?

- Toralf

This e-mail, including any attachments and response string, may contain proprietary information
which is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is for the intended recipient only.
If you are not the intended recipient or transmission error has misdirected this e-mail, please
notify the author by return e-mail and delete this message and any attachment immediately.
If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, forward, copy,
print or rely on this e-mail in any way except as permitted by the author.