qpid-users mailing list archives

From Branden Smith <BSm...@liaison.com>
Subject AMQP-JMS client: heartbeat / TTL
Date Fri, 11 Oct 2013 21:29:22 GMT
One additional (unrelated) question: my broker continually disconnects my Qpid client with

[org.hornetq.core.server] HQ222067: Connection failure has been detected: HQ119014: Did not
receive data from (IP address):52922. It is likely the client has exited or crashed without
closing its connection, or the network between the server and client has failed. You also
might have configured connection-ttl and client-failure-check-period incorrectly. Please check
user manual for more information. The connection will now be closed. [code=CONNECTION_TIMEDOUT]
[org.hornetq.core.server] HQ222061: Client connection failed, clearing up resources for session
030ba507-32b9-11e3-88ff-99e2056ce319

I'm still not sure whether this is a problem with HornetQ's TTL configuration (which theoretically
should be waiting for 5 minutes before timing out a client connection), or whether Qpid is
not sending the heartbeat ping correctly.

When establishing the client-side connection, per the documentation, I'm using this URL syntax
to configure the heartbeat:

amqp://localhost:10005/?qpid.heartbeat=10

Is that syntax still correct?  If so, is there any way (via wire capture, more verbose logging
configuration, etc.) that I can verify that Qpid is sending pings (or replying with pongs)
correctly?

Thanks,

Branden Smith
bsmith@liaison.com