qpid-users mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: Coaxing an error message out of qpid-cpp - unable to connect
Date Thu, 10 Oct 2013 23:53:47 GMT
On 10 Oct 2013, at 6:36 PM, Gordon Sim <gsim@redhat.com> wrote:

> Yes it does, but the configuration is entirely different between these two clients. In
particular I don't believe the 0.8/0-9-1/0-10 client uses 'amqps' to indicate ssl is to be
used:

> http://qpid.apache.org/releases/qpid-0.24/programming/book/QpidJNDI.html
>
> From the examples in section  3.4 I think the "url" you would be looking for would be:
>
> amqp://guest:guest@client_id/test?maxprefetch=1 &brokerlist='tcp://amqp.sandbox.xxx.net:5671?ssl='true'sasl_mechs='EXTERNAL''
>
> The client_id can be one of your own choosing of course and the username and password
won't actually be chosen if you are using EXTERNAL authentication.

> If you want to use a specific certificate you would use:
>
> amqp://guest:guest@client_id/test?maxprefetch=1
> 	 &brokerlist='tcp://amqp.sandbox.xxx.net:5671?ssl='true'&ssl_cert_alias='cert1'&sasl_mechs='EXTERNAL''

Thank you for the clarification, what eventually triggered a successful connection was the
following URL, which included quotes:

amqp://transcode/queue?maxprefetch='1'&amp;brokerlist='tcp://amqp.${env:SERVER_ENV}.xxx.net:5671?ssl='true'&amp;sasl_mechs='ANONYMOUS''

We've run into the next problem which seems to be a difference between activemq and qpid,
it seems qpid wants the queues to be statically defined:

javax.jms.JMSException: Error registering consumer: org.apache.qpid.AMQException: The name
'video_audio_demux_queue' supplied in the address doesn't resolve to an exchange or a queue

Is there a way to dynamically define queues like activemq can?

Regards,
Graham