qpid-users mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: Coaxing an error message out of qpid-cpp - unable to connect
Date Fri, 11 Oct 2013 09:16:16 GMT
On 11 Oct 2013, at 9:38 AM, Robbie Gemmell <robbie.gemmell@gmail.com> wrote:

> You can control creation of queues through options in your destination
> strings, e.g instructing your producers/consumers/both to ensure the queue
> is created when they start up.
>
> The documentation for the address strings is at:
> http://qpid.apache.org/releases/qpid-0.24/programming/book/section-addresses.html
>
> A simple example showing an address (the bit in quotes) indicating for both
> consumers and producers to create the queue is:
> http://qpid.apache.org/releases/qpid-0.24/programming/book/section-addresses.html#idm241445126208

Is there a way to set this globally, or do we have to make qpid-specific changes to our code
to do this?

What I am trying to achieve is that the service that requires the queues is self sufficient,
if the queues don't exist they're just created and the application just gets on with it, while
at the same time being portable. Unfortunately the JMS spec has dictated to everybody that
queue creation must be done manually by an administrator[1], which adds an unnecessary point
of failure for us that I am very keen to avoid.

[1] http://docs.oracle.com/javaee/1.4/api/javax/jms/Session.html#createQueue%28java.lang.String%29

Regards,
Graham