qpid-users mailing list archives

From Andrew Grissom <andrew.grisso...@outlook.com>
Subject Flow Control for JMS Durable Subscribers
Date Thu, 17 Oct 2013 21:19:41 GMT
I have a Java client using the JMS interfaces that connects to the qpid C++ broker to receive
updates on a topic.   I need to make this subscription durable, which is pretty easy using
the straight JMS calls.  However, the problem I have is how do I handle clients that do not
cleanly remove their subscriptions or do not connect for an extended period of time?  I can
prevent this somewhat by using the TTL values but is there a way to switch the broker from
rejecting messages when a queue is full to using the ring policy?  Is there a better way to
handle this situation?