qpid-users mailing list archives

From Andrew Grissom <andrew.grisso...@outlook.com>
Subject RE: Flow Control for JMS Durable Subscribers
Date Sun, 20 Oct 2013 21:19:10 GMT
I took a look at the examples and that works just like I wanted, I'm not sure how my googling
missed that page.
I also saw that I can have the queue be auto-deleted after a certain time period, but it does
not seem to work when I make the queues durable. For example:
my-topic; {link:{durable:True, name:'my-subscription', x-declare:{auto-delete:True, arguments:{'qpid.auto_delete_timeout':30}}}}

In this case I see durable in qpid-config.  If I remove durable:True, I see auto-delete.
Is this the expected behavior and if it is, is there a way to have the broker automatically
delete a durable subscription queue after a certain period of time?
Thanks
> Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2013 07:12:30 -0400
> From: pmoravec@redhat.com
> To: users@qpid.apache.org
> Subject: Re: Flow Control for JMS Durable Subscribers
>
> Hi Andrew,
> I recommend reading https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/qpid/Addressing+Examples
where one example covers your requirement. When declaring the topic, use "{link:{x-declare:{arguments:{'qpid.max_count':500,'qpid.policy_type':'ring'}}}}"
in its address string to create auxiliary queue of ring policy and of maximal message depth
500.