qpid-users mailing list archives

From Robbie Gemmell <robbie.gemm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Coaxing an error message out of qpid-cpp - unable to connect
Date Fri, 11 Oct 2013 10:01:07 GMT
I don't believe the client has a global flag to do that, no. The current
'Address' string syntax for the client requires the application specify the
behaviour it wants. When using the older 'BindingURL' format (
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/qpid/BindingURLFormat) for
destination strings the client will automatically create queues when
creating a consumer, but not when creating producers.

As you have noticed, Destination strings are provider-specific in nature.
The way you would insulate your code from changes to make it more portable
would be to use JNDI to provider the provider-specific configuration for
them and then look them up in a provider-neutral manner.

http://qpid.apache.org/releases/qpid-0.24/programming/book/QpidJNDI.html

Robbie