qpid-users mailing list archives

From Rob Godfrey <rob.j.godf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Qpid Dispatch Router component
Date Fri, 11 Oct 2013 10:52:48 GMT
On 11 October 2013 11:54, Gordon Sim <gsim@redhat.com> wrote:

> Second, the code in Dispatch Router is in theory designed around a toolkit
> for building  AMQP 'containers' of different kinds, with the router being
> one such example (another might be a proxy focused more on enforcing ACLs
> at the edge). In theory this could be viewed as an API of sorts. However I
> think at this point its better viewed as a sensible desire for some
> internal structure and separation of concerns. A publishable 'API' is in my
> view some way off and would require a lot of work that would at this point
> distract from the main goal, which is to define the behaviour of the router
> and implement it.

This would be really cool... though I would hope/think this would lead to a
spin-off new component for the toolkit rather than being part of Dispatch
itself?  As such (and for the reasons you also allude to) I would think
this would not be a goal of Dispatch itself, but rather some sort of stated
aim and guiding principle of the development.  Going off-topic a bit I
guess... but would we see such a framework as having multiple
implementations (in different languages) or only in C?

-- Rob