qpid-users mailing list archives

From Matthew Rich <Matthew.R...@qxlva.com>
Subject RE: Specifying SSL information in URL for AMQP 1.0
Date Fri, 04 Oct 2013 15:44:22 GMT
Hi Robbie,

The scenario I am talking about was the second one, where I will be using distinct client
certificates for SSL client-auth to different connections.

Basically, I would like to be able to provide an SSL context down through to the connection
in a similar way to how other APIs work or as the URL parameters allowed in the client for
the earlier protocols.

I believe the failover params also used to be available through the connection URL, is there
an alternate mechanism for specifying these in the AMQP 1.0 client library?

Thanks for your responses.

--
Matthew Rich

-----Original Message-----
From: Robbie Gemmell [mailto:robbie.gemmell@gmail.com]
Sent: 04 October 2013 15:51
To: users@qpid.apache.org
Subject: Re: Specifying SSL information in URL for AMQP 1.0

Do you mean multiple brokers using distinct certificates, or multiple connections (toone or
many brokers) using distinct client certificates for SSL client-auth purposes?

The former would just require adding multiple entries to the configured truststore, whereas
the latter would obviously require either the ability to set distinct keystores or ability
to specify which key should be used from multiple entries in a single store, which I don't
believe the 1.0 client can currently do (mainly as its existance came primarily from prototying
work undertaken during creation of the AMQP 1.0 specification itself).

Robbie

On 4 October 2013 13:59, mrich <Matthew.Rich@qxlva.com> wrote:

> Hi Robbie,
>
> Thanks for the clarification, I thought as much (as posted in my 'edited'
> original post), I was just hoping there is some other way of dictating
> this, which presumably there is not (without creating my own factory I
> guess)
>
> The problem I have is if you think of a scenario where you need to
> send messages to multiple queues that are represented by different
> clients and therefore secured by different certificates meaning I
> cannot use the global
> (JVM) settings.
>
> Do you believe that the API should provide a way of customising the
> security information on a per connection/factory basis, which would
> warrant a jira issue being raised?
>
> Thanks for your patient response.
>

> --

The Company gives no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of electronic mail messages
sent over the Internet and accepts no responsibility for changes made after it was sent. Any
opinion expressed in this email may be personal to the author, may not necessarily reflect
the opinions of the Company or its affiliates and may be subject to change without notice.

The information contained in this communication is confidential and/or proprietary business
or technical data. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
dissemination, copying or distribution of this communication, or the taking of any action
in reliance on the contents of this communication, is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this communication in error, please immediately notify us electronically by return message,
and delete or destroy all copies of this communication.

Quicksilva Limited, Reg No 3860799, Incorporated at Companies House, Cardiff.
Registered Office: Langley Gate, Swindon Road, Chippenham, Wiltshire, SN15 5SE.  Vat Reg No
762 8082 16.