qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: AMQP 1.0 and creating nodes on the fly
Date Wed, 30 Oct 2013 12:30:43 GMT
On 10/23/2013 09:03 PM, Gordon Sim wrote:
> On 10/09/2013 03:14 PM, Gordon Sim wrote:
>> I propose to add a mechanism to the 1.0 support in the Qpid c++
>> broker to allow nodes to be created on demand through broker
>> configuration alone. Though the details of this would be different from
>> ActiveMQ and ApolloMQ, the same behaviour would then be available if
>> configured, which would aid in moving applications between these.
>
> For anyone interested, I've put an early patch up for review and comment
> that implements this for qpidd: https://reviews.apache.org/r/14882/

I've now updated that patch based on initial feedback. Non-durable
queues created through matching a given policy will by default be
automatically deleted if both unused (i.e. no senders or receivers
attached) *and* if the queue is empty. Since the queue will be recreated
if it is needed later, this has no impact on application.

I'm going to be exploring whether I can do something similar for
topics/exchanges.