qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Initial Value Exchange, does anyone use it? (was Re: Any way Qpid could preserve messages in TOPICS. Possibility ?)
Date Mon, 28 Oct 2013 15:48:31 GMT
On 08/15/2013 01:17 PM, Gordon Sim wrote:
> On 08/15/2013 01:05 PM, Jakub Scholz wrote:
>> Curious question ... would a message from an exchange configured as
>> "Initial Value Exchange" get propagated through the topic when a new
>> subscription is created (assuming the routing key and binding keys are a
>> match)?
>
> Yes, the initial value exchange option would mean the last message sent
> to the exchange was added to any newly bound queue.

Does anyone actually use the 'Initial Value Exchange' feature? In my
mind at least, the 'Last Value Queue' gives the same capability and
more. Does anyone have a use case that IVE solves but LVQ does not?

If no one is using it and no-one has a use case that requires it,
perhaps it would be worth deprecating and eventually removing?