qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: AMQP_1.0 activemq server side context.xml configuration spring
Date Thu, 24 Oct 2013 16:40:19 GMT
On 10/24/2013 04:25 PM, guenther wrote:
> Hi Gordon,
>
> regarding my "businessRequestQueue" the issue was that when I just put that
> name into the properties file
> the way you mention:
>
> queue.topicExchange=businessRequestQueue
>
> and let the queue be generated "automatically" by the
> org.apache.qpid.amqp_1_0.jms.jndi.PropertiesFileInitialContextFactory (this
> is the 1.0-version of the Factory in the example) keeping the example-code
>
> Destination destination = (Destination) context.lookup("topicExchange");
>
> I got a DestinationImpl as the destination and not a QueueImpl and this
> somehow led to an exception when I tried to send the message. Actually I
> don't know why this happened.

Ah, sorry, I didn't realise you had already tried that. I'm not sure
what the issue is there. Rob or anyone else, are you able to shed any light?

> But as soon I ignored the properties file for
> the creation of the destination and used in a "hardcoded" way (in the sense
> that it didn't use the Factory for the creation)
>
> Destination destination = session.createQueue("businessRequestQueue");
>
> it worked.
>
> Regarding JIRA: someone from the Qpid team should say, if there's any
> purpose behind not having a default constructor any more for the connection
> factory.

My guess would be that its absence did not previously cause any
problems. The destination and connection factory impls for the old
0-10/0-9-1/0.8 client do all have default destructors.