qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: AMQP_1.0 activemq server side context.xml configuration spring
Date Thu, 24 Oct 2013 12:37:21 GMT
On 10/23/2013 11:16 AM, guenther wrote:
> To answer my own question, this is how I made the "Hello World" example work
> in my environment:

Thanks very much for posting back your findings! It will help me and
others that have yet to get familiar with this particular client.

> On the client side, the main problem was the destination which in the
> original code goes like this:
>
> Destination destination = (Destination) context.lookup("topicExchange");
>
> This actually will create a DestinationImpl - object.
>
> I had to change this to
> Destination destination = session.createQueue("businessRequestQueue");
> to create a QueueImpl instead of a DestinationImpl for my specific
> destination which has the physical name "businessRequestQueue".
> (I didn't know how to make the PropertiesFileInitialContextFactory do this,
> so I "hardcoded" it).

Looking at the 'hello' example, I think (someone please correct me if I
am wrong) you would have:

   queue.topicExchange=businessRequestQueue

In order to lookup a Queue whose name is 'businessRequestQueue' using
the lookup key 'topicExchange' (which is a bit of an odd name, so
perhaps I misunderstood what you are looking for).

> On the server side of my real application (which I used to try out the
> "Hello world") I replaced the context.xml which I mentioned in my question
> by the following:
>
> <Context reloadable="true">
> 	<Resource name="jms/ConnectionFactory" auth="Container"
> 	   type="org.apache.qpid.amqp_1_0.jms.ConnectionFactory"
> 	   description="JMS Connection Factory"
>         factory="com.fugro.gwf.server.jmssender.AMQFactory"
> 	   brokerURL="vm:broker:(amqp://127.0.0.1:5672)?persistent=false"/>
> </Context>
>
> This uses a custom JNDI factory named AMQFactory (because there is not
> default constructor in
> org.apache.qpid.amqp_1_0.jms.impl.ConnectionFactoryImpl)

That sounds like something that could get fixed if you want to raise a JIRA.