qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: QPid Ruby client and SSL
Date Wed, 23 Oct 2013 14:01:44 GMT
On 10/23/2013 01:36 PM, Trevor Vaughan wrote:
> Thanks for getting back to me.
>
> The C++ broker is working fine, I can use the Python code to connect to the
> broker over SSL with no issues whatsoever.
>
> Unfortunately, the Ruby client code isn't behaving so well.
>
> The client DB only has the list of trusted CA's with the TC flags set since
> I'm not trying to use client certificates.
>
> I did use the FQDN, DNS works properly, and I am going to port 5671.

Sorry for all the stupid questions then ;-) Just one more...

What url are you giving to the ruby client to tell it to use ssl? It
doesn't recognise the 'amqps' scheme the python client uses. However you
can use ssl:myhost.mydomain:5671 to indicate that ssl should be used, or
indeed set a connection level option for 'transport' to 'ssl' (not
exactly sure how you do that in ruby).